- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 TBL tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup cooked corn
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 (3.5oz) can chipoltes in adobo, minced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground into crumbs
- salt to taste
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan along with 1 cup of water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Heat the oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 mins. Season with Read More
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 Cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Cups broccoli, lightly steamed and chopped
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 mins.
- Add quinoa. Stir for 3 minutes. Add the wine until it’s absorbed. Next add 1 ½ cups broth until it’s fully absorbed. Add the last 1 ½ cup broth until absorbed.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli and cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Prep time: 15 mins (6 servings)
- 3 TBL paprika
- 1 TBL salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 TBL olive (avocado) oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 to 3 ½ pounds pork shoulder, cut in half
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients with a fork
- Pour in the honey, vinegar, oil and stir to form a paste
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top it with the 2 pieces of pork and then pour the honey paste over all sides of pork pieces.
- Turn slow cooker on low and Read More
- 8oz smoked salmon, wild and sliced
- 6oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chives
- cracked pepper to taste
- quinoa pizza crust, cut into pieces
- In a small bowl combine cheese, dill, and salt.
- Spread cheese mixture over quinoa pieces.
- Top with a small slice of salmon. Garnish with chives and cracked pepper.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (15oz can) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 TBL fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- olive or avocado oil for browning
- Add garlic, garbanzo beans, parsley, cilantro, onion, flour, lemon juice, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate an hour.
- When the mixture is chilled, roll into small balls and flatten to ½” thick
- Heat oil in skillet. Brown Read More
Family Serve- Feeds 6 to 8
Prep: 35 mins Cook time: 30 mins
- 6 to 8 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups of chicken broth or bone stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup black beans, soaked and drained
- 2 to 2.5 pounds cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeno and dice small
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion, peppers, jalapeno, and Read More
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 4 Tbl. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease 8″x8″ loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. Pour the batter in the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes in square pan, or until Read More
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbl. fresh sage (1 tsp. dried sage)
- Cut acorn squash in half, spoon out the guts/seeds. Slice off the tip of the other end so it lays flat. Rub with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 400 degrees, flesh side up, for 45 minutes.
- Cut butternut squash into squares, toss with oil, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to directions. While those are roasting, sautè garlic, with cranberries and sage for five minutes.
- Remove and brown Read More
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/4 lemon with rind (optional)
- 1 TBL almond butter
- 1 TBL pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBL chia seeds
- 1 TBL hemp seeds
- 2 raw walnuts
- 2 raw brazil nuts
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 TBL coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
*Recipe in 10-day detox cookbook, Dr. Mark Hyman