- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dried, chopped mango
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop out a spoonful of mixture and form into a ball.
- Roll each bite in crushed, toasted almonds.
Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch slices. Top with salt and let sit to draw out excess moisture. Pat dry.
Whisk two eggs in one bowl. In separate bowl combine 1 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Dunk eggplant in egg mixture, then dry mixture. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Flip and cook another 10 minutes. Top with layer of tomato sauce then fresh mozzarella and cook until cheese melts about 10 minutes.
- 4 strips of bacon, uncured and diced
- 2 TBL butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- salt to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter (2 mins).
- Stir in the butternut squash chicken stock, and seasonings until fork tender (about 10-12 mins).
- In the meantime, heat a small skillet and sauté bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- When the squash is tender add to a food processor along with the milk and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Garnish with bacon. Serve!
- 1 ¼ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Cook turkey, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
- Spoon mixture into a slow cooker. Stir in the rest of the ingredients until well blended.
- Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Serve with desired toppings.
I typically double this recipe.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ “ fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 limes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive (avocado) oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse. Slowly add the oil through the tube until gone.