• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 10oz button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
• 1 medium zucchini, grated
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 (28oz can) diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 bay leaves
1. In a medium stockpot add the ground beef and sauté over medium heat until fully cooked. Using a slotted spoon transfer the meat to a bowl leaving any oil in the pot.
2. Add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the mushrooms and sauté until softened. Stir in the grated zucchini and stir until wilted (1 min).
3. Add the garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes with their juices, ground beef, dried herbs, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover halfway with a lid and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.
4. Serve over shirataki noodles or brown rice noodles (gluten-free)
*Recipe from Mark Hyman’s 10 Day Detox Cookbook